Holiday workshop: Monday to Friday | For children in Years 4, 5 & 6.
The primary school process is a maze of exams, schools and intensive learning. Our course teaches your child the foundations and visual tools necessary for revolutionising how they learn, in essence Metacognition!
We will show your child how to:
- Increase their ability to understand, analyse, evaluate and restructure information
- Take control of their whole learning journey.
- Be a self-reflective and self-evaluative learner.
Each day, we will be working through the tools needed for 11+ exam success and beyond. With a focus on thinking (metacognition), children will be explicitly taught the core thinking processes and introduced to our Thinking Frames. These are an invaluable tool to be used across all subjects and excellent for exam preparation.
By underpinning your child’s learning, this five-day course can completely change their learning experience and progress throughout the rest of their school career, and beyond. Read our blog about teaching children to think.
- Metacognition (What is metacognition?)
- Thinking Frames (How do I use visual tools to help me think better?)
- English (Key vocabulary for the 11+)
- Maths (Arithmetic, Shapes, Sequencing)
- Reasoning (Verbal & Non-verbal)
- Exam Techniques (Planning, approach, using thinking frames)
£180 for the five days (five sessions of 1.5 hours)